Week 8 - Output Devices
Posted by Jordan Kennedy on November 7, 2017
The task for this week was to create an output device.
I chose to program a motor. This is to compliment my final project.
Shown below is my generated toolpath for the milling of my PCB.
This was a fairly straightforward process building upon our previous weeks of creating circuits.
My board was slightly bigger than my previous cuts. I had to put a much larger board on.
Shown here is my final board with all the required components soldered on.
When I plugged in a battery for the first time, I plugged it in backward and shorted my H-bridge. This took me quite a while to figure out. I ended having to replace the H-bridge.
Here is my plugged in board with battery and motor.
This project was a ridiculous amount of trouble shooting for something quite trivial.
Modified Motor Board
To modify the DC motor board I added a button and resistor as seen below.
I wanted to program the board such that every time I pressed the button the motor would change speeds.
So I took Neil’s DC motor code and modified so that the motor only moved in one direction and that it took an input from the button.
Shown below is my board.
Shown is a video of the changing speeds as a result of a button push.
Below is my modified code: