Where the rubber meets the mold.

Tired of having my own hooks break, This week I design a coat hook I could mount to the wall in my room!
Here's the basic model in openscad.

I had to tweak this a bit in rhino, but this is essentially what I made.
I used the shopbot to mill it out of high tempature wax and it seemed to go quite well. Didn't have any major problems, and I was impressed by the precision of the shopbot. Glad I didn't use the modela! I never had much luck getting stl_path to work on the mantis machine.

After making the mold, I laid it with Oomoo-25. That went very well.

The resulting mode turned out great.

Now I just cast it with Smooth-Cast 325, and in 24 hours I have a hard plastic hook!