I decided to follow the tutorial for the hello.bus.
MILLING & STUFFING THE BOARDS
I made one bridge board and three nodes. The arch shop was very low on headers as well as cables so I donated one of my boards to Seto. This worked out quite well, as we were able to help each other with the programming when we ran into issues.
When we went to program the boards, we ran into issues in which we kept programming the bridge over and over again, and not the nodes. We changed the connectors around and were able to program boards, though when we went to test it again, only the one of the boards would respond. After trying many different techniques and checking the boards themselves, there was still no luck.