I am inspired by a couple of my computer paintings:
Dell Dimension XPS D266 Pentium II 266 MHz
Another inspiration is this painting Carte Blanche by Magritte:
I made the following generative video composition based on this Magritte painting:
Carte Blanche, C++ and YouTube videos of wild horses and trees in the wind
When I showed all these pieces, I had the video on an iMac with the paintings.
For my final project I would like to make a physical version of this video running on the iMac.
- I want to make a miniature set of vertical blinds sized to my iMac, which are motorized and can act on their own.
- This project falls somewhere between a sculptural object and something I could use as a screensaver or lock for my screen.
- On the screen, I was thinking of running a generative cloud program or a generative camouflage made from nature videos from YouTube.
- The vertical blinds automatically slide across to close when someone is near and open back up when nobody is near.
- The blinds rotate so that people approaching the computer cannot fully see the screen.
- I want to experiment with priming the slats or making the slats from different materials (maybe transluscent mylar), so that I can project a video onto them which contrasts with what is going on the screen.