This week, for "Make Something Big", I made a shelf for my closet. First I CADed my pieces in Rhino. Then, I milled the pieces out of plywood on the CNC milling machine in the N51 shop. Before I put my pieces together with nails, I pre-drilled holes to make sure the wood didn't split as much. To finish up, I painted my shelves with clear acrylic and shellac to seal it. The plywood can only be sanded so smooth, so the acrylic/shellac coat helps to keep it from being splintery at the edges. The plywood version of the shelf turned out well, so perhaps I'll try making some shelves with nicer, more sturdy wood now that I have a design that works well for me.