Dhruv Jain

Output Devices


This assignment was meant to attach an output device to your PCB and program it to work with the custom designed board.

I had a really busy month due to thesis crit. But, I still completed the assignment by attaching a RGB LED to attiny44 board that I developed and programming it using the C code and writing a custom makefile.

My programmer went bad. So, I had to make the programmer again. But, this time I really focused on doing it well. I made the board like 3 times and soldered it properly. It worked in one go.

Then I modified by pre-designed Attiny44 board in Eagle and added an RGB LED to it. I milled the board in Modela, but it wasn't working very well. Seemed like we were out of 1/64" mills. Dan changed the mills and it worked okay.

Again, I soldered the board. But there were some joint connections. I realized that I had placed the wires too close in Eagle. But, I wasn't finding a good way to modify those without making drastic changes since there was so space.

So, I resorted to using the exacto knife to cut tracks. While I was doing that, one of the connections broke. So, I planned on using jumper wire.

I had trouble with the jumper wire since there wasn't enough space. I spent half a day soldering the board, but it was worth it. As with the fabISP board, the board worked in the first attempt. I powered the LED to change from one color to the next and it worked reallly well.