This week was to make something big. In our house we only had two chairs, each for my and mi wife. We had a guest this week, so we made chairs using this weeks assignment.
I used plain (without using grasshopper) Rhinoceros to design my chair. I wanted my chair to be as light as possible, and be able to tuck my legs inside. This added orientation to the chair with one side lacking a support, so I deformed the top plane for easy identification.
While the procedure was much more complicated than other weeks, the cutting went smoothly. I used 8 screws to fix the sheet to the base. When configuring the settings, I found that I miss calculated the thickness of the material, giving to much space to the notch size. but I when on.
Sanding and Gluing
Sanding and gluing took time more than cutting. I used 2 hours of sanding first using the steel sanding bar, and the #80 sanding paper. I test assembled the pieces to ensure the pieces fit neatly. One slot was missing its position, so I used the chisel to adjust that. I knew that the key in assemble is how much pressure you apply in the gluing phase, so I used as much clamps as I can and left that for 4 hours.