For the two weeks, I wanted to iterate the circut->board->mil->solder process as much as possible to feel confident about my skills. I ran into multiple herdles for the first stepping moter example, but gradually improved the time and accuracy. I also decided to use the second week for Network and Communications.
Even using Eagles design rules, there was merges in the traces that I didn't want. After milling one, I learned that I can debug accessing the fabmodules.org prior going to the shop. The next lesson was the clearance between the 2x2 and 2x3 header pins. Design rules do not handle a minimum clearance. These mistakes all come from the intention to make a smaller footprint, but I like solving the entanglement because its recalls the feeling of designing a toilet for office buildings. After succeeding to make and test the board, I predicted the wiring from the holes come from.
I made an another board that connects to a AC power supply.
I went to the simpler example, the rgb led exmple to lean PMW. I was happy to make this in 3 hours, since it took a whole week in the first encounter of this process.
Then I tried the speaker example, but it did not work. It seems to be programmed, but as soon as I connect to a power source, the speaker gets really hot and eventually gets baked. I will continue working on what is wrong.
Networking and Communications
For the latter week I tried to catch up with the networking and communication assignments.
First I made the asynchronous example to understand the essence of networking. I was quite confident to trance the examples, and succeded this in the first try.
I wanted to try the bluetooth module, because it seems to add so much potential connecting with other devices. Referencing Thras and Jasmin, I made a ftdi converter to first connect to my phone. After a few tweeking, I noticed that I needed to cross the Tx and Rx. I made an independant board to communicate without the serial input of my computer, but currently work in progress for the code.