build a machine as a group! We are using Nadya's Machines That Make.
What I did do make this happen
- attended the recitation where we built the stages, cut rods and glued cardboard stages
- attended the kick-off meeting, frame-team meeting and update-meetings
- prepare foam for milling the mold for casting the base and the toolpath with Kim
- casting the base with Kim
What I learned from this
- coordinating a team effort with so many people is very difficult!
- it would have been faster and easier if the whole frame team would have worked at the same time, in the same room to make the base. We probably would have been done on one afternoon.
- foam takes 24h to dry after glueing with gorilla glue before it can be milled.
- we cast the base in several pours (which worked out ok), it would have been easier to pour it in one big batch.
- we changed the dimensions of the machine after we decided on the material (hydrostone).