Group project: Machine design

For this week's Machine Design group project, I was in the code team and did the laser cutting and assembled one of the linear stages. For code, I wrote up pseudocode for an integrated GUI application to run the machine, as well as a specific implementation of that pseudocode; however, it assumed more completion of the other parts, and in the end we spent so much time wrestling with the Gestalt Nodes (two or three of which failed on us) that we could barely get the entire thing moving around in multiple axes.

photo of the Harvard group

Team Harvard Lab: It was a pleasure working with these wonderful people on the group project.