For this week project I decided to make a bike helmet. I need one and it seamed it would be a good application for the durability of the material.
I used a model I found on Thingyverse cut it on the shopbot by using the recommended settings for the construction foam we were using for this week.
Before preparing my epoxy I tried multiple strategies for drapping my mold with burlap.
As per Neil's suggestion I decided to draw the pressure points and cut the burlap in those places to allow it to go in the holes during the vacuum process.
I also used metalic pins to hold the burlap in place
The final result was not perfect but I am quite happy with it. I used a Dremel to polish the edges and multiple tools to clean out the foam
I am planning to add padding and paint it next.