### Spindle. Week of 4/16/18
Ordered Spindle and bearings as suggested by Jake: [Amazon order](https://www.amazon.com/gp/css/order-history/ref=nav_youraccount_orders)
### Axis machining
- Use Jakes Fusion 360 model to CAM and machine a set of axes.
- [The slightly modified file from Jake with CAM added:](RCT CAM May4 v3.f3d)
- May 7-8: increase belt clearance, glue belt to slider - axis is now usable.
- May 7-9: Design rack and pinion using Neils mods, and make shopbot toolpaths in mods to make axis.
[The mods program](rackdesign001.txt)
- This axis arrangement has six sliding pads analogous to the roller-coaster bearings. Three are intended to be stiff and three springy. The springy ones are now nylon screws, but
can be designed into the material as flexures with adjustment. Friction ~ 2-3 N.
- picture of the nylon screws in positions where flex pads will be placed.
- May 10-17: Finish sliding-pad axis. Investigate and design axis with HDPE clips for joining plates.
- ![picture](Spring-clip.png). Picture of the spring-clip insert for variable compression.
[Here is the Fusion 360 file](SimpleAxes002_v6.f3d) for the slider axes.
- ![picture](clip_30mm.png) a picture of the clip.
[The Fusion 360 File for the clip](snap-pins_May16_v4.f3d)
### Fiber machines
Needle felting machine.
- Correct speeds and feeds more important than fancy toolpaths. Suggests using single-flute endmill. See his site.
- Describes double-gang rack and pinion.
- See chamferrail readme
- Look closely at Hattori.