These are some design patterns I find popping up throughout my work building cheap, easy to manufacture machines. Over the term, as we discover more, we can add to this as a kind of cookbook.
I spoke about backlash earlier, so I want to show how I eliminate it in the Clank axis:
- only as stiff (in preload direction) as the flexural spring
- not adjustable, could be
From the aaxis log
- integrates motor mount with belt tension
- note causes belt alignment to change slightly
- from prusa
- i.e. z-axis drive on clank-cz
- flying mass minimization
- keep in mind long belts == long springs
- design nuance in overlapping belts, not too hard to overcome
- tension! tension!