Week 2-1, Project management & version control
Project management (install class archive through Mercurial)
I haven't work with linux server and at the first time it was difficult to understand system itself.
I set up class archive by using Mercurial, version control program, to share data and control my project with class. Followings are the steps of setting. (Mac OS)
1) Install Mercurial (you cannot see any change in your application list, but it is installed and you can use language of Mercurial)
2) Run Terminal
3) Type $ mkdir ~/.ssh (you make new hidden directory under your top directory)
4) Download key files through class e-mail
5) Again in terminal, type $ mv ~/downloads/classes ~/.ssh and $ mv ~/downloads/classes.pub ~/.ssh (you move keys to .ssh folder)
6) Type $ sudo chmod 600 ~/.ssh/classes
7) Type $ echo -en "host fab.cba.mit.edu\nport 846" > ~/.ssh/config
8) Make a archive folder which will be your repository in your own computer. (e.g ~/desktop/archive)
9) Cloning your archive folder with archive in server, $ hg clone -e "ssh -i ~/.ssh/classes" ssh://firstname.lastname@example.org/863.12 ~/Desktop/Archive
10) Edit configuration file, $ open ~/desktop/archive/.hg/hgrc and this would open TextEdit then type as below, save and close.
username = Hyundo Lee
ssh = ssh -i ~/.ssh/863.12 -C
changegroup = hg update >&2
11) Move people folder, $ cd ~/desktop/archive/people
12) Make your folder, $ mkdir Hyundo
13) Finished setting up your class page
14) In order to download revised version of archive and update your page to the server, refer the below commands.
$ hg pull
$ hg update
$ hg merge
$ hg add .
$ hg commit -m "what you've done"
$ hg push