My final project doesn't have a any kind measurement need, so I decided this would be a good week not too be too ambitious and use some extra time to work on my final project. For that I made good progress on my board and excited to continue the work on it.
Like in past weeks I decide to start with doing one of Neil's boards and then after I understand what is going on, design a new board with what I want to do. I also looked through the past 2 years student pages to see what they had done. Not a lot of people did step response, which is what I wanted to do. The good news:
-I’ve gotten good at the milling process. No mistakes, quick and easy. In fact, I was milling my final project board at the same time on the other machine. I made a second board just in case I had problems, but it wasn’t needed. This was a result of the output week, where my paths under my headers pulled up. I wanted a backup just in case.
-I’ve also come pretty far at soldering. This will be good, since my final project will have multiple boards. It was good to work through the process of programing a board again and get that down.
Something I learned this week I don't want to forget is how to find the name of the connection cable I'm using so the program can recognize it. I always thought it was looking for the usb port. entering ls /dev/tty.* give me the results.
-I didn’t get past making Neil’s board work. I finally did get it to work, but most of the time was getting Python to work on my Mac. I enlisted the help of a coworker, and we tried to install MAMP, which was. Pretty lengthy process. I couldn’t figure out what was going to launch the graphic window that pops up. In the lab I was also running into a faulty programmer.
The error I got before discovering it was my library was:
But now it’s the end of the day and I'd like to work more on my final board.