A press-fit chair cut out of OSB on the ShopBot.


I started out making the chair in SolidWorks, but I had a terribly time making splines - they were always either under-defined or over-constrained.

As an experiment, I decided to switch to Inkscape for this assignment. It went okay, and I documented tips and tricks in the content archive.

Final part sheet:
T-bone fillets were later added to all of the inner slot/tab corners using PartWorks 2D.


I learned a few valuable lessons about the ShopBot:


The missing slat had a misplaced slot; I recut it on the laser cutter.

Back view:

Clever interlocking joints:



SVG file
Note: this lacks fillets and needs to be rotated 90° before cutting.