This week we explored different types of input devices
1. Design in Eagle
2. Mill out board
3. Solder and Program
4. Adjust and Tinker
The goal this week was to choose and create an input system.
I ran into a few new issues, which I'm hoping is slowly chipping away at all the possible errors I can make so as to eventually minimize the time it takes me each week. My Eagle was in mm, and for some reason the dimensions were not translating quite right, because I did measure what a 1/64 bit would be and believe I left a 1/32 tolerance everywere, but apparently this was not the case. I mimicked Neil's board for the touch-sensor, however instead of a shield with the 2x2 header I added a pin to VCC, so I could ossilate between 5 volts and ground to get a range of data points.
Figure 1. Roland
Figure 2. Mistake#1
I accidentally didn't tighten the bit all the way and it somehow lifted my board. I caught it before anything too bad happend, but I had to re-tape the board and relocate zero, which ultimately failed and I had to re-cut the board.
Oblivious to my mistake I gathered my components and soldered them onto the board.
Figure 3. Gathered Components
Figure 4. Soldered Board
Figure 5. Attempting to program
Figure 6. Error 1
Figure 7. Accepting Fate
I did remove the ATTiny45 in order to try to separte the blob of traces into their three distinct lines, and replaced the ATTiny45, however this did not work.
Unfortunately I did not get to this part this week. I was hoping to use the potentiometer to gauge which frequency the water should be vibrating at. I will have to revisit this and try again.