Last semester, I took Leah Buechley's New Textiles
class and for my final project, I developed a magnetic silicone surface that could modulate between closed and open states.
I would like to refine and expand on this idea for my final project in this class. The prototype I made was mechanically controlled,
but I'd really like to make it so that it is electroncally controlled through a sensor and either a stepper motor or electromagnets.
There is also quite a bit of work still to do in refining the cast silicone/iron embedding process.
PRECEDENTS: (click heading to see more about each project)
MY PREVIOUS EXPERIMENTS: