Final Project Update: Part 1
Remote Control Blimp
For my final project, I want to make a remote control blimp. I plan to make the inflatable body and fill it with helium and use small motors for propelling and steering the blimp. I will use a joystick controller to wirelessly control the blimp.
What I've done so far...
I made a joystick controller fabduino board during week 12
with an IR LED to send signals to an IR receiver that will be on a fabduino board that will be used to control the motors.
Controlling motors and propulsion
- Try hacking servo motors to run continuously.
- Make a fabduino board attached to servo motors with an IR receiver to communicate with the joystick controller.
- Design and 3D print propellers to fit on the motors.
- Laser cut a case for the joystick controller board.
- Design and cut an inflatable body. Want a shape that is both aerodynamic and humorous.
- Get a helium tank and figure out a way to inflate the body and keep it inflated.
- Try out large party or weather balloons as a first trial.