- wk 0 make a human about
- wk Σ move a human final project
- wk 2 cut something git vinyl lasercutting
- wk 3 send some info bootload
- wk 4 extrude stuff 3D scanning 3D printing
- wk 5 samd21 microcontroller
- wk 6 make something big cnc osb
- wk 7 blinky blinky program mcu
- wk 8 diamond cubic molding / casting
- wk 9 phototransistor input devices
- wk 10 motor driver output devices
- wk 11 esp32 wifi
- wk 12 space phone interface
- wk 13 pancakes machine week
- wk 14 wild waterjet
make a human
so it's the first day of fall, sitting in e14-633,
watching neil's muppet sing "oh baby, i like you documenting like that..."
when my wife texts me.
her contractions have become regular and her mucus plug has fallen out.
i gotta finish watching this muppet song. then I run out of class and drive home.
my son was born the next day.
and so for extra credit, i present this human.
my wife did most of the making, i just provided some code.
... anything else i make will pale in comparison
person = 1013 cells*105 ribosomes/cell*1 Hz = 1018 parts/sec = 100 supercomputers/sec
source: neil @ cba
( if that wasn't tmi )
here's some stuff about me:
• i listen to "lightning bolt" on the way to work
• i'm a generalist
• okay maybe i'm a design engineer
• i like working in metal
• i'm a grad student @ mit idm
• i'm from singapore; i live in rhode island
• i teach creative cnc machining @ risd id
• i make things in my basement and garage
• i exist somewhere between order and chaos
• i listen to podcasts on theoretical physics
• i once helped build a car in kenya
• i play the drums
• i like trees, oceans and mountains
• i have a license to drive a tank
octet lattice node, 2020
3 x 3 x 3in
more of my work here