For my final project I'm looking to create a pressure sensitive, LED/LCD multidisplay shoe made using all the modules in this class . Here are the things that I've done for it so far and my weekly ideas and thoughts!
This week is for computer-controlled cutting, where we learned how to use a laser cutter and vinyl cutter and learning how to use a laser cutter. I describe the project that I worked on this week.
This week we did PCB milling (from copper-coated resin) and surface-mount soldering, creating an AVR microcontroller programmer from a provided schematic and parts. Here is what happened.
This week we did 3D scanning and printing. (Exciting!) Here is what transpired.
This week we did electronics design, modifying a minimal example board with an ATtiny44 to support a LED and push-button switch. I describe my process here.
This week we made something big using the ShopBot in the IDC. Here's the first attempt.
This week we learned embedded programming and programmed our boards to do a task. Here is my first try.
This week was back to mechanical design and make stuff. Here we designed a part in wax, used Oomoo mold, and cast a part. Here goes my attempt.
This week we are now integrating hardware with software, and having free range of choosing what hardware to then create with it an embedded system. Here is how I got started and where it went.
This week was quite the special bonding time with my EECS section. We took a whole week to conceptualize, design, program, mill out, build, assemble, and troubleshoot a 3-axis machine. Here is what I contributed to during this week's big endeavor.
This week I worked on and played with a couple of input devices, including a piezoresistor, switch, and force sensor, and tried to integrate them in with software. Let's see what went down.
This week I learned what it takes to build an app, what I need to learn to build an app to connect to my LED Shoe final project, and how to control the variation of LED outputs from a computer interface. Quite a lot to take on! So now let's see what came of it.
This week I learned what it takes to have two systems (my shoe LED matrix array and a Computer app) "talk to each other" and all the trials and tribulations that went with the process. Here's what went down.
This (final class assignment!) week I learned to make composites out of foam and fabric laminate material doused in epoxy resin and then vacuum bagged to create "coupons" with special hardened properties for jewelry, accessories, etc. Here's how it turned out!
The finished writeup and pictures of my final project design. Although not perfect, it really was a fantastic learning experience, and I am so grateful to have been part of the class this semester. My learning has been exponential!:D And one step closer to becoming a Shoe Tech Guru someday!